We are currently seeking a talented, scientifically strong, and entrepreneurial spirited individual who is interested in growing with the company, for the role of Medical Affairs Associate, reporting to the Medical Affairs Manager.
This is an important role in which you will interface with various clients in a variety of medical affairs related projects such as medical writing, medical communication, research and analysis of publications, KOL engagement, contribution to the medical and health economic related projects, presentations, and training programs. As a consulting firm who supports startups to large corporations in different stages, our projects involve a range of medical and scientific topics, and strategic and operational nature. Success in this role requires flexibility, agility, and high professional integrity.
This job is a casual part time role. Number of hours may vary week to week. It involves about 50% of time onsite and the rest remote work. Candidate should reside in Vancouver area already and be able to be on site in North Vancouver 50% or more without a need for relocation.
Canadian permanent residency or citizenship is required.
· Writing and editing of all or parts of medical writing projects including manuscripts, white papers, various pieces of the clinical evaluation packages
· Research literature using primary and secondary sources, and extract pertinent data
· Translate published into compelling and accurate clinical messaging
· Review clinical cases and identify and documentation gaps
· Create impactful presentations and training material
· Respond to client inquiries
· Follow up on projects and ensure timeliness
· Support clinical and regulatory projects
· Support facilitation of client workshops or conference calls
· Create, edit, word process, and update PowerPoint decks, Excel spreadsheets, and Word documents
· Contribute to strategic discussions and client discovery calls as needed
· Interface with the clients, understand and complete their projects in a professional manner
· Support integration and maintaining the content of client relationship management platform, PipeDrive
· Help create and update company standard operating procedures
· Document all work in a careful, accurate and compliant manner
· Comply with and follow all laws, rules, and regulations, codes, guidance documents and policies associated with pharmaceutical and medical device industry
· Administrative tasks as appropriate to the company startup environment
· Understanding the clinical and business implications of technically complex products and services
· Adaptability for taking on variety of projects
· Willingness to operate at a range of levels depending on project, client, and business needs
· Ability to work remotely or onsite as business and clients require
· Clear and frequent communication within the company and with clients
· Solid understanding of the medical device and pharmaceutical industry
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Self-starter effective with minimal supervision
· High degree of integrity, confidentiality, and ethics
· International experience a plus
· Advanced degree in medical or scientific discipline. MD preferred.
· 5+ years of experience in the medical device or pharmaceutical industry in Medical Affairs, Medical Communication or Clinical Development role
· 3 years of experience with writing or editing medical scientific content, including clinical evaluation reports manuscripts, clinical study protocols, clinical study reports
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
· Experience using scientific databases to search for published literature
· Familiarity with regulatory requirements for medical device and pharmaceuticals
· Canadian permanent residency or citizenship
If you find this opportunity of interest, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com. Please write “Medical Affairs Associate” in the subject line. To be considered for this role, you must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident. We thank everyone for their interest, but only suitable candidates will be contacted.